A place for further thoughts on the ten places to intervene in a system as outlined by Donella Meadows' paper "Places to Intervene in a System" [ http://www.wholeearthmag.com/ArticleBin/109.html
The ten places are:
- Numbers (subsidies, taxes, standards.
- Material stocks and flows.
- Regulating negative feedback loops.
- Driving positive feedback loops.
- Information flows.
- The rules of the system (incentives, punishment, constraints).
- The power of self-organization.
- The goals of the system.
- The mindset or paradigm out of which the goals, rules, feedback structure arise
- The power to transcend paradigms