- How to get children to attend.
- When children miss too many days, and when they return, it is like having to start over.
- Incentive for attendance are: transportation, food.
- Letters sent home if no attendance for 2 weeks.
- Voluntary service.
- Can't force the issue.
- Potty training is an issue. Must be potty trained to attend.
- Maybe we do too much ie. morning call out, bus pickup etc.
- Activities good - monthly field trips, parent craft, guest speaker, family book club.
- Some programs have strict policies re: attendance.
- Some are more casual (ie. drop in)
- Working on elder involvement.
- Who can attend? Any family affiliated???
- Sometimes things take time ie. Head Start Funding takes a year to put in place.
- Keep incentive positive.
- Work on elder involvement.
- Make expectations to parents clear and follow up.
- Everthing is cyclical.