NOTES of OSI BOARD MEETING on MARCH 25, 2005
Attending: Kerry, Gabriel, Doug, Karen, John, Lisa, Peggy, Michael
SUPPORT TO ATTEND OSonOS: Process for Requests
- The deadline for funding requests is 15 May. Requests will be reviewed by the Board at the 27 May meeting. Three thousand dollars has been budgeted. Lisa, Access Queen, will announce the process on the OSList.
- Also as a result of the extensive discussion on this item, income generation will be discussed at the next meeting.
- Further clarification is needed on the legal requirements of the State of Washington and 501c3/IRS for bylaws. It was reaffirmed that OSI will function with an open space philosophy/model while still meeting the requirements. Prior to the next meeting each Board member will review (and comment on wiki) to the suggested bylaw revisions. When the Board has completed draft bylaws they will be shared with the membership.
WORLD SERVICE MARKET
- Michael will put out an announcement and Peggy will send it to the larger OS list & community.
- There has been no activity since the last meeting. This may be revived in Halifax.
WIKI WIKI WORK OF MICHAEL
- Following the on-line discussion/decision of Michael’s proposal, he was sent $1500 for his webmaster work.
The next Board meeting will be Wednesday, 27 April at 2:00 PM EST (note change of date)
[Further note: Meeting changed to Tuesday, 26 April at 1:00 PM EST.]
BIN for 27 April Board meeting:
- Requests for OSonOS support
- ByLaws? (Doug)
- Income generation
- Wish list call: what people want to see happening under OSI umbrella – inviting responsibility to seek passion (Karen, John)
- HO Birthday
- Paypal vs. OSI credit card processing (Peggy)
- Dee Dickenson story (John, Kerry)
- Estonia Education Wiki (Mikk)