PRESENT: Christine Whitney Sanchez, Peggy Holman, Ric Gardena, Gabriel Shirley, Douglas Germann Sr., Karen Davis, Kerry Napuk (note taker)
APOLOGIES: John Engle, Lisa Heft, Tree Fitzgerald, Phelim McDermott?, Ed Laboy, Mikk Serv
KIEV FUNDING REQUEST
The funding request by Bhavesh Patel from London and submitted through the Access Queen for financial assistance of $675 to attend the OSonOS in Kiev during May was approved unanimously. Kerry will notify him and ask for payment details to be sent to Peggy.
HAITIAN OSonOS REQUEST
The request by Haiti for $1,300 to fund 20 participants at their next OSonOS was discussed and approved. The Board asked that Fremy and/or John submit a brief report on the event. Kerry will ask Fremy or John to forward payment details to Peggy.
After the above approvals, OSI will be left with around $5,725 in funds.
RIC'S FUTURE PARTICIPATION
Ric is engaged on Fridays doing work for San Jose's City Government and decided to withdraw from the Board until this commitment ends. Board members were sorry to see him leave, but encouraged him to go and return at the right time if he so wanted.
ANNUAL ASK LETTER
Peggy confirmed that the letter drafted by Tree was sent to members. Concern was expressed if Tree was OK and Gabriel will check in with her.
Karen reported on an energized call with 16 people around the world about a role for Institutes and other groups in future OSonOS gatherings and other global initiatives to develop and extend Open Space. There was good feedback from the first call and the next one will be on 17 April, when the conversation starts focusing on specifics. Notes from the meeting and an invitation for others to join the conversation were posted on the LISTSERV. The subject will remain in the BIN for Karen to report progress.
INDIVIDUAL 501(C)3 GRANTS
Douglas has been busy and will try to address this item at the next meeting, so keep it in the BIN.
TRAINING NEXT GENERATION OF FACILITATORS
Christine still has energy for this issue, which will be part of future WOSONOS conversations. She will continue to discuss with Kerry. Karen confirmed the importance of this item to the World Community.
Kerry suggested members visit http://openspaceuk.com and see how a simple site can bring practitioners together. While recognising the tension between centralizing and regionalizing has value in both directions, Gabriel said there are many ways to approach this technically but duplication should be avoided. It was recognized there is no clear awareness of who facilitates Open Space in the USA but passion and commitment will be needed to take this forward. The item will be kept in the BIN to soak on the back burner.
CREATION OF SUPPORT RESOURCES
Douglas and Ric said there was no further work to report but the item still should remain in the BIN. Kerry said the wiki wiki initiative launched on the LISTSERV during February 2005 called for stories of Open Space in education was one resource. Please visit "Open Space World NET: open space in education, inviting stories and discussion on Open Space in education (21 events posted.)"
Peggy said it would be dropped from future posts to Board members.
Ric will be leading a large men's event on Labor Day.
Peggy is designing and Gabriel is facilitating the NEXUS gathering in Bowling Green, OH on 21-23 March.
Gabriel thought a World Cafe on global warming would be ideal in Seattle.
NEXT MEETING DATE
Friday, 27 April at 6.00 PM GMT and 10.00 AM PST on new channel: <free conference call> using telephone number 1-605-990 0400 access 851211. If renewed after 90 days, Ric said we can keep the same access code. Christine will send out a call notice near the next meeting date.
Delete Reply Forward Spam Move... Previous | Next | Back to Mes