Board Notes--OSI-US December 18, 2009
Present: Karen, Peggy, Doug, Ed
Ning site donations and support
- The question is, Can people give to osius for use of Ning site
- Don't want osi-us to have large presence—could they give to osi Portugal?
- It seems clear we should not give tax advice.
- We can lose our 501(c)(3) if we act as “fiscal intermediary”--we have to maintain control over our funds and not just transfer money.
- Perhaps people can give us donations and we support the Ning site directly.
- We as individuals cannot get tax deductions for donations to other contries' organizations; but we as organization we can do work in other parts of the world.
- Peggy is checking to see that our ePostcard 990-N filing is current.
- Is it important to hear from Lisa what her concerns are?—I don't see any urgency on this issue that we have to decide today.
- We do need Lisa's input.
- Will ask the question of Lisa via email now.
- Should we send response to Michael?
- and to Artur?
- Send the proposed response to Michael; for OSI-Portugal we need to work further on a response. For one thing, it is up to individual to determine with their tax advisers if deductible or not.
- Prepare a proposed response to Artur and send to Board members.
- We do not want to commit to an ongoing funding of the Ning site.
''Doug wil do notes of this meeting"
Donations page revisions
- do we want to amend the donations page? at http://www.openspaceworld.org/osi-usa/pmts.html
- just remove the last sentence or so
- Doug will do that
World open space calls:
- future WOSONOS—we'll wait for Berlin to decide about 2011 and possibly 2012—will try to encourage South America
- There will be posted notes of their call
Additional members for Board
- Peggy will call one person who has expressed interest to encourage participation on Board calls.
Notes of Board meetings
- Put a link in old location and put the actual notes in Ning site
- Friday January 15 at usual time (10:30 am Pacific, 1:30 pm Eastern)
- clean up .net site;
- sf osonos posted;
- edits on blog;
- ning donations;
- osius blog;
- disambiguation page on wikipedia;
- World open space calls;
- osius annual meeting follow up