Groups and individuals occasionally request that OSI-USA provide financial support for meetings and projects of various sizes and shapes and purposes. The following are the four primary criteria that the OSI-USA Board considers when deciding whether to fund or otherwise actively support. We look for...
- Projects that serve underserved areas of the world
- Leveraged efforts that reach multiple people, especially in training or other sustainings sort of way
- Situations wherein other groups or individuals have already made investments so that OSI-USA can augment rather than initiate projects
- Project sponsors and facilitators who will do good work and bring the story back to the larger OS community
...this particular version of these criteria were penned during July 2004 Board conference call. MichaelHerman
Some basic sorts of information we need to hear from folks asking for support...
- who is gathering?
- who is facilitating?
- what osi-usa funding would be paying for?
- who else is investing money or other resources?
- who is facilitating and what is there experience with open space?
- what is the history?
- what is the theme/plan for this project?
- what outcomes do you hope to achieve from it?