Participants: Antti-Juhani, Sven, Francis, Gerhard B., Ilse, Rob, Joelle, Jasmina, Florian, Julie, Jan, Merav,
Summary of the meeting:
from Ilse Grant, notetaker:
- Preparation *before* preparation:
Cultivate ‘authenticity’ Outside: don't speak about os-theory with your client but ‘practice os’ (the attitude) = listen well, be with the moment, ask questions accordingly ( -> good design!). Exchange with colleagues whenever possible
What else to get there?
- hug trees (oaks are great!) what do they care about a little os? Connect to that energy.
- be there very well in time
- have & be a 'good team'-> one in charge, one to just be there - take care of each other in turns. ‘skin communication’ with your co-host(s) – often better than words
- luxury of 'not being in charge of the logistics' -> ask for help (can be learned)
- Laying out the room = welcoming gesture. Setting up the principles, make an inviting centre (flowers from your own garden [if possible] add to the magic). Someone’s secret: touch every chair (just move them a few centimeters only again and again until you’re centered :-); create your own space walking the circle
- use music to tune in according to the action / for a calm atmosphere
- 'accept fussing around’ as part of it - there'll be a time when it's over
- know ‘it works’ – trust the process (‘sei bereit’ vs ‘vor’bereiten)
- ‘don’t stand in the way’ of what is happening
- do what YOU feel comfortable with, not what you think the others expect
- ‘grounding’ –> a couple of practical exercises were done like:
- just ‘jump on your feet’ vigorously (if possible with a shout) = physical aspect of ‘now’ - just ‘breathe’ – if someone comes up with something to react about… - ‘walking meditation’: breathe in at one step, breathe out at the other and so on. Do it slowly.
- if people feel uncomfortable with your gadgets - like Tibetan bells – have alternatives on offer, e.g. a whistle instead or/ and good explanations (sound carries far; old traditions…. etc).