Convener: Sarah Bouvier
Participants: France Ennis, Pat Foster
Summary of Discussion
- Identity: the role Head Start
- Language teaching: start with the basics (numbers, alphabet, greetings
- Importance of using language in the community and council. Many communities have different ways they use language.
- Parents need to come in and learn language with their kids.
- Kinship:kids need to know who they are and where they come from.
- How long before the language disappears?
- Going out on the land and learning survival.`
- Use of medicines
- Fammily approach as in CAPC could be introduced as a part of Head Start.
Need for radio and TV to reinforce language and culture.