Why does education seem to be at the bottom of the agenda at the Assembly of First Nations Agenda, Union of Chiefs etc.
- Start to change this by getting support going
- Grass roots community/chief and council
- Chief and council resolutions do a (BCR)
- Union of Chiefs (resolution)
- Sometimes not enough money for chiefs and councils to get to meetings so sometimes a resolution does not have a 2nd. Ie not enough resources to bring other councilors to meetings of Union of BC Indian Chiefs
- At the AFN, get a resolution onto the first 5 items of the agenda
- End result is to get education on the top 5 topics at the Assembly of First Nations
- thinking larger, looking at data (auditor general report)
To AFN, to begin getting education as a major issue on the floor
- INAC coming to bands but sending lesser person to position.
- INAC seems to not hear community concerns that education is important.