The OSI (US) board has been conversing about ways to serve the underserved for several years. We wish to make this conversation more public. We invite you to share your comments and reflections.
OSI (USA)'s intends to continue to fund requests that create and hold space in the world using four factors to help us determine where we can best contribute:
- To support underserved areas
- To provide support that is leveraged to reach multiple people
- To match recipients' actions and resources with OSI-US actions and funds
- To have a commitment from the recipient to share the story of their OST experience.
Issues and Resources Raised in this ongoing Discussion
- OSIasFiscalAgent - Here are reflections regarding how an OSI structured as a nonprofit might be a helpful conduit for an underserved community/organization and a foundation or donor wishing to help with Open Space.
- PrinciplesofEngagementBeyondBorders - Beyond Borders, a nonprofit which has been funding alternative education and leadership development in Haiti for over 10 years uses these principles to guide them in navigating the sometimes difficult terrain the comes with wanting to do good.