Working with communities: who sponsors?
Convenor: Eddie Palmer
Summary of the meeting: A wide discussion took place on various issues and structures within four countries. Government bureaucracy was very complicated. The group focussed on problems experienced with young people in society and how OS events could help:
- Someone has to sponsor and form a planing group for each event
- This might be the facilitator or consultant
- As much of the system must be "in the room" as possible
- The theme needs to be tested out with as many stakeholders as possible
- The group made the point that cynism assumed
- The "bad boys" have to be invited
- Be optimistic!